From: Brandon Basso <brandon@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:05 pm
Subject: Re: [dronecode-tsc] Airspace management communication channels?
To: Richard Parker <richard@...>
Cc: DroneCode TSC <dronecode-tsc@...>, Travis Woodrow <travis.woodrow@...>

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the link to the working group.  I'm wondering what the best mechanism is for what the working group has discussed thus far (Documentation section here?).  It would be great for people to be able to 1) discover the group and 2) hop in as they are able. Maybe a running Discourse thread with meeting minutes would solve?  As it stands it's a bit hard to find the working group (not very G oogleable)

I'm also wondering what work the group has done to evaluate existing initiatives and products.  Ones that come to mind are LATAS, Airmap (what runs on Solo), and Skyward.

-Brandon

 ◤ Brandon Basso

VP Software Engineering
3D Robotics

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Richard Parker <richard@...> wrote:
Hi Travis

Contributions are welcome. Personally, from our side, we've been heavily focused on our nex release which is due to be announced at the end of the month and will benefit the group - this is why we've not been able to put as much time into keeping the wiki updated.

If you want to setup a chat, let me know and I'll schedule some time to walk you through the current state and loop you in.

Thanks,

Richard Parker
CEO, Altitude Angel

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:28 AM -0800, "Travis Woodrow" <travis.woodrow@...> wrote:

Hey everyone,

I was hoping I could find some information about the current status on the airspace management working group, but can't seem to find anything. No posts on Dronecode TSC's discourse. Are they using it?

Are they only using this list currently?

Thanks in advance,

Travis

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Altitude Angel is a Limited Company registered in England & Wales under registration number 09350032. Registered Office office: Soane Point, 6 – 8 Market Square, Reading, RG1 2EG. United Kingdom.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Altitude Angel is a Limited Company registered in England & Wales under registration number 09350032. Registered Office office: Soane Point, 6 – 8 Market Square, Reading, RG1 2EG. United Kingdom.

Re: Airspace management communication channels?

Craig Elder

You are very welcome.

On 25 February 2016 at 19:42, Travis Woodrow <travis.woodrow@...> wrote:

Thank you, Craig!

On Feb 26, 2016 1:28 AM, "Craig Elder" <celder@...> wrote:
Travis

I have also sent a message directly to Richard to let him know you are interested.

Craig

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

skype Navigator2386
email  celder@...

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

voice +1 (619) 534-8570
skype Navigator2386
email  celder@...

Re: Airspace management communication channels?

Travis Woodrow

Thanks Richard! I would love to chat, so I will contact you separately.

It appears that this group is oriented primarily with services that would consumed by products with humans in the loop. Would you say that's true? I was expecting something more similar, or perhaps directly involved with, NASA's UTM.

Travis

On Feb 26, 2016 1:46 AM, "Richard Parker" <richard@...> wrote:
[...]

That's the current focus but the second part of the mandate has much more to do with BVLOS/automation.

Once we have a good foundation for access to the requisite data we can turn our attention to how we implement those systems to deliver automated capabilities.

Richard

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 8:09 PM -0800, "Travis Woodrow" <travis.woodrow@...> wrote:

[...]

Chris Anderson

Given that Airmap seems to becoming the defacto standard here, I think they should be an active part of this. Also, I think GoogleX might want to be involved in this.

-Chris

On Feb 25, 2016 3:05 PM, "Brandon Basso" <brandon@...> wrote:

[...]

Hey Chris,

Ben from AirMap reached out to me. Is someone at GoogleX on this list? Do you have someone you could cc?

Travis

On Feb 29, 2016 2:30 PM, "Chris Anderson" <chris@...> wrote:

[...]

AirMap are part of this working group, too - their input towards creating an open specification is absolutely welcome.

We've got a good starting point with questions that need answering on the wiki (probably a fairly quick win for anyone with any existing API) but equally any existing reference APIs are welcome to be added into the mix for for review for potential incorporation.

Looking forward to seeing AirMap's contributions!

Richard Parker

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 9:59 PM -0800, "Travis Woodrow" <travis.woodrow@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [Dronecode-members] Please fill out this survey assessing the autopilot requirements of the professional / commercial market.

Luis Felipe Strano Moraes

For anyone wondering, results have been published (didn't see it posted here, so thought I would leave it registered for easy reference in the future):

Best regards,
Luis Strano

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Craig Elder <celder@...> wrote:
I would love to hear your opinion and Parrot's thoughts on this topic

On 21 January 2016 at 10:01, Julien BERAUD <julien.beraud@...> wrote:
Hi Craig,

Parrot also has a different way of doing things. I don't know how relevant our opinion is on this survey but we are selling drones, not autopilot boards.

Cheers,
Julien

Le 21/01/2016 17:29, Craig Elder a écrit :
I think that is a good idea.  I will see about getting the name changed.

On 21 January 2016 at 09:22, Roberto Navoni <r.navoni@...> wrote:
Hi Craig,
sorry but why in your survey capture information you ask only Pixhawk , could be better to introduce all different board that support APM firmware : VR Brain , Qualcomm Flight , Erle board ecc and then ask how many plan to use ... i have some user that use more thousand board for year. With APM Firmware.
best
Roberto

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Craig Elder <celder@...> wrote:
Hello

We have put together a survey to capture information about what professional users are looking for in an autopilot.

Please fill out this survey for all of the vehicle types you would like to fit an autopilot into.

Thank you

Craig

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

email  celder@...

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

skype Navigator2386
email  celder@...

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

skype Navigator2386
email  celder@...

--
Luís Felipe Strano Moraes
http://www.strano.org

[Copter Express] Membership in Dronecode

Andrey Korigodsky

Dear Dronecode members,

My name is Andrey Korigodsky, I'm CTO of Copter Express Ltd.
We specialize on multirotor UAVs. There is a large ongoing discussion on UAS standardization here in Russia and, while there is an option to develop our own local standard, we do not see any sense to create competing standards. We believe Dronecode already made a great job to unite the leading manufacturers and developers who are able to shape the UAV industry and we would like to participate in the standardization process.

We are currently working on some projects and issues, including:
— drone education. As federal tutors and authors of the State Educational Standard, we already started to teach in some schools and colleges to make UAVs, flight them and code. We are developing modular UAV system and are interested to use standard hardware that is suitable both for education and for commercial usage. Our goals are to make state-of-art technology available for many, ensure the safety, popularize UAV hardware and software engineering and allow people not involved in hardware engineering (as university researchers etc.) to participate in software development. The project includes large amount of different modules from simple sensors to computer vision system and swarming/local navigation module;
— connectors for elimination of soldering and standard hardware module mount system;
— UAV delivery. We already successfully finished several small-scale drone delivery projects in Russia and now are preparing large-scale federal pilot delivery project. We have a partner which is responsible for airspace management system but protocols and collision avoidance are definitely in our scope, as well as UAV itself, navigation and landing;
— automated solutions for monitoring (security, construction — in partnership with Autodesk, etc.);
— automated docking stations, UAV–station open communication protocol and precise landing.

Our interests also include:
— precise swarming and indoor navigation;
— computer vision and TOF cameras for obstacle avoidance and object recognition;
— usage of modern FPGA and GPGPU for signal processing and tools to simplify the programming;
— high speed onboard bus. I do like the whole dominant/recessive thing of CAN bus but open-drain design imposes certain restrictions on the communication rate. However, CAN would be great robust redundant bus for critical devices.

I have few questions about technical conversations in Dronecode — where are they go? The mailing list have only one message for this month in archive. If there is some TSC members only conversation, is it possible to participate?
How are TSC decisions issued? Are there any documents besides wiki pages, where decisions like communication buses, protocols, connector standards are described and justified?
Do you have any contact with ISO/TC 20/SC 16 committee?

We believe our membership could be beneficial for Dronecode because in many respects we are working on the same issues and our expertise could be useful, and it would be much easier for us to promote Dronecode standards being a member of the foundation and technical committee to assure colleagues that we have some impact on standardization decisions. Moreover, if we use Dronecode standards in our country, it will involve a quite large number of new developers in universities, institutes and other organizations for Dronecode compliant hardware and software stack.

Kind regards,

Andrey Korigodsky
CTO  |  Copter Express

Dronecode Foundation 2016 Meeting @ Embedded Linux Conference

Craig Elder

I have updated the schedule for the unconference and you can find it here

I'll be adding the remote access details shortly

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

email  celder@...

drone's factory

xuemei.he@keyshare.com.cn <xuemei.he@...>

Dear ,

Thanks for you inquiry !
This is Sunny from Keyshare drones , our company is source from a specialist in the manufacturing of camera drones .

Glint 2.0 and Kimon are very hot sales .
Glint 2.0 price is 459USD
For the Kimon Selfie Drone will be in listed in June,and the sample can be supply in May.
Kimon price is 320USD.

The price depends on the quantity you need . if you need more quantity , i can offer you better price .

May I have your more imformation about your company?
Now we are looking for an agent all around the world.

we have April Fair:
*2016.4.11-2016.4.13,China Yiwu International Electronic Commerce Expo,B1 T11
*2016.4.15-2016.4.19,The 119th session of China Import and Export Fair(Canton),5.1 hall H road No.37
welcome to join us .

if you want know more information . plz contact me , let me talk more . thanks
Best wishes for you
Sunny

Xuemei He (Sunny)
Hunan Keyshare Information Technology
Email: xuemei.he@...
Tel/Fax: +86-731-89933398          Mob+86-18688791260
Skype: he.snowy
Add: Room 707-712, 7/F, Headquarters, Changsha CEC Software Park, No.39 Jianshan Road, High-Tech Industrial Eatate, Yuelu District, Changsha City, Hunan Province, P.R.China PC. 410205

Re: Dronecode Foundation 2016 Meeting @ Embedded Linux Conference

Craig Elder

FOR PEOPLE JOINING REMOTELY PLEASE CONNECT TO

https://bluejeans.com/938946672

On 27 March 2016 at 13:15, Craig Elder <celder@...> wrote:
I have updated the schedule for the unconference and you can find it here

I'll be adding the remote access details shortly

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

email  celder@...

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

voice +1 (619) 534-8570
skype Navigator2386
email  celder@...

Re: Dronecode Foundation 2016 Meeting @ Embedded Linux Conference

Jerome Bouvard

Hello Dronecode members,

could you share with everyone the presentation / slides / video we saw last week in San Jose ?
I can set up a private/member section in Discourse if needed.

Thanks !
Jerome

Jerome Bouvard

Developer Evangelist / Education Program Manager

Parrot, San Francisco

+1 415-964-9090

skype:jerome.bouvard.parrot

On Mar 27, 2016, at 12:15 PM, Craig Elder <celder@...> wrote:

I have updated the schedule for the unconference and you can find it here

I'll be adding the remote access details shortly

--
Craig J. Elder
Dronecode Community Technical Manager

email  celder@...